While watching, pay attention in what context the following words are used:
- An undercover investigator
- Fair share of…
- Darker underbelly of society
- A flip side of technologies
- To deploy
- To have unintended consequences
- A hostage
- To bring to a standstill
- A paradigm shift
- Quadcopters loaded with firearms
- 3D printer
- Cellular level
- DNA sequencing
- What is your general impression of the talk?
- Can you give examples of how technology is deployed by criminals?
- Do you think there is a solution to the problem?
- Would you agree with the following point of view:
“…why not start to learn how to TREAT PEOPLE THE RIGHT WAY and counter the corruptions and greed? …We need to start think about the real CAUSE of violence. Why it happens? If we keep fighting violence with ignorance, what will happen is just like if you are eating pain killers to relief stomachache—what will happens is that it will stop for a while, but it will happen again and MORE severe. Why? Because the cause is still there, it has never been removed from the first place…”